Technical Research & Evaluation Manager
Lead Research and Evaluation will supervise project managers in Research design and implementation; coordinate with program implementers as well as principal investigators so as to ensure implementation feasibility and also fidelity to research protocols.
The candidate will be responsible to write, prepare and present research findings and projects at various public forums including academic and non academic audience as well as coordinating the internal dissemination of the findings.
The candidate should have a PhD or Master Degree in Research and Evaluation, Monitoring, Economics or Statistics and any other relevant discipline with at least 3 years working experience in the field of research and evaluation, extensive knowledge in methodology, data analysis SPSS, STATA, R, Epi-Info, and digital data mining and management.
Should possess sufficient knowledge in the field of research and evaluation. Salient and commendable managerial, administrative, analytical and decision making skills. Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new programme design and implementation approaches.
- To supervise project managers in Research design and implementation, coordinate with program implementers as well as principal investigators so as to ensure implementation feasibility and also fidelity to research protocols.
- Develop capacity of the research team through one to one mentoring, workshop and external resources.
- Promote inter project based practices and take the lead in sharing these practices with project through formal and informal trainings.
- Write proposals and prepare budget for the new projects, manage and allocate financial resources of all projects in the unit.
- Liaise with other research institution, NGOs, Government agencies, independent researches, academia, funders and others with an interest of fostering collaboration and learning.
- Write, prepare and present research findings and projects at various public forums including academic and non academic audience as well as coordinating the internal dissemination of the findings.
January 16, 2016
Lead Front-end Developer
Research Solutions Network is looking for Senior Front-End developer to be based in Nairobi.
- Can handle overall ownership and responsibility for UI development
- Good experience with social widgets, modules and features (chat, friends network, RSS, blogs, news among others)
- Have a good eye and concept of beauty for design and visual layout
- Ability to write quality code quickly and work in an agile environment
- Ability to write re-usable, scalable code when working in the UI platform
- Work effectively with product management & backend developers to allow your front-end brilliance to blossom for the end user.
January 16, 2016
Lead ASP.NET developer
Research Solutions Network is seeking for skilled ASP.NET Developer for full time (40 hours per week)
- Experience developing with C# & ASP.NET
- Comfort using MS SQL Server and T SQL
- Hands-on ASP.NET MVC
- Experience working with Unit testing & REST service
- Great and thorough understanding of core ASP.NET architecture and technologies with experience in building web applications without controls, code generators and wizards that blur complexities.
- Love for object model, data model, and web service design. Experience in Scrum development techniques and ability to working in a team environment where attention to source control, merging and documenting code is expected.
January 16, 2016
Research Solutions Network is seeking an application for the post of Research Analyst. The Research Analyst develops and maintain, as advised by the Lead Researcher, close research collaboration with academics, and researchers in various organizations.
The candidate will be responsible to provide substantive support to the ideas of the Lead Researcher on formulating the theme and the structure of the brainstorming meetings and in-house discussions on various aspects of the Report development.
The candidate must have a solid academic record, with a PhD or Practical Master’s degree with a focus on social, economic, or technology aspects of development with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in areas of research.
- The candidate must have a solid academic record, with a PhD or Master’s degree with a strong affiliation to social, economic, or technology research.
- Practical and demonstrated quantitative, qualitative and blend analytical expertise using STATA, SPSS, R, NNIVO and MATLAB. He/she should be at peace with Mathematics!
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in areas of research
- Have a good grasp of substantive and policy issues related to the study of social and economic development, and of the human development and capabilities approach
- Very good writing skills and ability to produce memos and notes with very short notice.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
January 16, 2016
Research Solutions Network is looking for a full time (40 hours per week) Deployment Manager to be based in Nairobi.
- Software engineering background and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with best-of-breed build and release management tools
- Expert knowledge of build, release, and configuration management processes, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in software engineering and release management
- Strong communication skills using friendly language
- Outstanding ability to provide guidance, mentoring and day-to-day support to developers
- Team player, High attention to detail, tenacious problem solver
- Mastery of multiple revision control tools and multiple project release branching and merging
- Excellent knowledge of Git required (branching, complex merges, subprojects, rebasing). Good to have experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS), Final Builder, and Trac
- Knowledge of Agile / Lean SDLC (Scrum), software configuration management practices, release management methodologies and production deployment.
January 16, 2016
Lead Ruby on Rails Developer
Research Solutions Network is looking for you to be the Lead Ruby on Rails Developer.
- Smart. Extremely smart!
- Your need to have an active and ongoing work with the open-source world which demonstrates your passion for technology.
- You must be willing to learn since you’re going to learn a whole lot of new concepts and designs.
- At least 5 years of experience building applications, APIs and services using Ruby on Rails.
- You think of 100% test coverage as a minimum, not a maximum. It’s a plus if you have experience leading a team of software engineers. You want to make a difference and work alongside the best.
January 16, 20165
How to apply
To apply for the above positions, send your cover letter together with the resume only to email@example.com quoting the position title as the subject of the email.